Return to main Page
Speaker Request Form
Farm Sanctuary Co-Founder and President Gene Baur is available to give presentations at universities, conferences, meetings of community groups, schools, and other venues. We give higher priority to events with audiences of at least 60.
Gene gives a Powerpoint presentation titled “Farm Sanctuary: Changing Hearts and Minds About Animals and Food.” It highlights themes from Gene’s book of the same title, including the founding of Farm Sanctuary, our major campaigns, current issues in animal agriculture, and what we can all do to create a more compassionate society. The presentation, including a Q&A session, usually takes about an hour and a half. Gene’s book can be offered for sale after the presentation, and Gene can sign copies for audience members.
Gene can adapt his presentations to emphasize topics including:
Environmental impacts of factory farming
Legal and legislative aspects of campaigns to improve treatment of farm animals
Advice for activists on how to work more effectively
The sentience of animals
The economics of animal agriculture
The local food movement
Human health and nutrition
We ask that the host organization cover Gene’s travel expenses and provide an honorarium. The honorarium is negotiable and will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Farm Sanctuary will work with you to provide support on logistics and publicity for your event. Additional host responsibilities are below.
- Secure a venue for the talk - possibilities include restaurants, libraries, community centers, bookstores, churches or schools. Unfortunately, Farm Sanctuary is unable to reimburse for venue expenses.
- Promote the event locally
- Set up a literature and book signing table at the event including providing a volunteer to sell books
- Circulate Farm Sanctuary sign up sheets at the event
- Report event data to Farm Sanctuary
If you would like to request a presentation by Gene, please submit this form. A Farm Sanctuary staff member will contact you to help arrange Gene’s visit.