Dear friend of farm animals,
Winter can be a magical time at Farm Sanctuary’s shelters. There’s nothing I love more than seeing our residents like Francis sheep and Ogar pig happily playing in the snow.
But winter can also be the most dangerous time for our farm animal family. Sheets of ice and deep mud can make the paths treacherous for our less surefooted residents. And bone-chilling drafts can find their way through any gap or crack left unsealed in our barn siding.
We have an extra-long list of projects to complete, and with costs adding up, we need to raise $172,000 for this year’s Winter Farm Maintenance Fund to get everything done in time.
Will you pitch in, friend of farm animals? Please make a generous gift to Farm Sanctuary’s Winter Farm Maintenance Fund today to help prepare our shelters for the months ahead and all year round.
And please do your part to help stop farm animal cruelty from occurring in your community. If you see a farm animal in need of rescue, please contact us immediately.
Our shelters are filled with animals who were abused and abandoned by the farming industry, and your gift today will help us keep them safe, warm, and well-fed — no matter what the winter throws at us — by completing urgent projects such as:
- Upgrading 5,000 feet of fences to keep our animal residents on the safest parts of the farm during winter. Cost: $55,000.
- Stocking up on hundreds of tons of hay to feed more than 1,000 animals this winter. Cost: $74,000.
- Critical maintenance, such as painting and repairing our barns, spreading sand to keep our paths and roads ice-free, and reinforcing protections against predators. Cost: $25,000.
- Repairing flood damage caused by thunderstorms in Southern California this summer, which washed out the shelter’s driveway. Cost: $3,000.
- Maintaining a reserve of contingency funds to ensure the safety of our precious residents in the event of an emergency such as flooding or wildfire. Cost: $15,000.
As you can see, we have our work cut out for us. But we’ll get it done — because we are committed to providing for the health and safety of these wonderful animals.
I know you feel the same way. Your love and compassion have made Farm Sanctuary a safe haven for the survivors of an exploitive industry, and your support today will help keep our shelter residents safe and warm this winter and for the rest of their lives.
Please make your most generous gift to our Winter Farm Maintenance Fund right away. With winter rapidly approaching, we have no time to lose. Thank you!
Yours for farm animals,
President and Co-Founder
P.S. Farm Sanctuary counts on friends like you to be our first line of protection for animals like Francis and Ogar. If you see a farm animal in need of rescue, or believe that farm animal cruelty is occurring in your community, please contact us immediately at (607) 583-2225. Your call could save an animal’s life!
SHARE THIS EMAIL